Psalm 23


You care for me as a shepherd for a lamb;
Finding fields of  fragrant clover;
Pools of clear water;
A haven for my soul.
With You I walk in ways of truth.

Death holds no fear for me;
Depths of despair will not bind me;
For you have not left me alone;
You guard me with weapons of truth and justice.

You feed me with the Bread of Life;
Despite those who rage against me;
Blessed by your Love;
I can ask for no more.
Every day of my life is filled with You;
My resting place in Your arms
Forever.


wordinthehand 2010

in response to the Round Robin Challenge http://outmavarin.blogspot.com/

Comments

ellen b said…
Beautiful. I love the photo you found for this song based on the 23rd Psalm...very cool.
That's a very simple but evocative photo, especially for those who know the number refers to the most famous of the Psalms. I've never seen that free translation / updating of the text before. Nice!
Mairie said…
I only wrote it last night - is that cheating?
Mari Nuñez said…
Beautiful Psalm. Lovely picture.

God bless :D
Margaret said…
Lovely, although I'm still working on the death has no fear part.

Popular posts from this blog

Listen

The servant’s name was Malchus.

The Fourth Shepherd